The Macabee Gopher Trap is our most reliable tool for trapping gophers on the farm—aside from our cats! We have used them all and always come back to this dependable and easy-to-use trap. They do not break, can be used for years, and are the best for catching the small gophers we have here in the southern states.
Pocket gophers, despite their small size, can cause an enormous amount of damage. How do you know if you have gophers? A tell-tale sign of gopher activity is mounds of freshly loosened dirt in your lawn and garden. These burrowing rodents spend most of their lives underground, digging and tunneling as they search out food, namely, garden crops and other vegetation. Although most destruction occurs at the root level, gophers are known to pull entire plants into their tunnels. They destroy crops, irrigation systems, and more.
Left unchecked, gophers will conquer your garden, so you must stay on top of them.
For over 100 years, the Macabee Gopher Trap has been an essential tool for keeping gophers under control. Its simple and safe design is ideal for backyard growers and large-scale farmers alike. The Macabee Gopher Trap kills gophers without the use of poisons or additional bait. It is a spring-action snap trap that you can use over and over.
Watch the video below or visit the step-by-step guide to learn How to Set a Macabee Gopher Trap.
Smaller garden pests, like insects, are no less troublesome for gardeners. We use a process of organic pest control on our farm. Learn how you can, too, in our article on Garden Pest Control. Identify other common issues in the garden and find solutions with our Garden Troubleshooting Guide. Having issues with larger animals in the garden? Learn how to identify what’s digging in your garden.
Check out in-depth information for managing gophers at the UC Integrated Pest Management site.
Essential Garden Tools
Tools and Merchandise Return Policy
- Tools & Merchandise may be returned to us within 30 days of the original order date.
- Returned items must be unused, in the same condition as received, and in their original packaging to be eligible for a return. Apparel must be unworn, unwashed, and unused to qualify for a full refund or exchange.
- Customers are responsible for paying return shipping costs. Please include your order number and contact details with your return.
- Once we receive your return, we will inspect it and notify you of your exchange/refund status.
- Exchanges: Customers are responsible for return shipping costs. Tools and Merchandise, including apparel items, will be exchanged and returned free of charge. A refund will be applied if the requested item for exchange is not in stock.
- Refunds: We will apply a credit to your original payment method within 14 calendar days.