Garden Worm Castings
Garden worm castings are part of what makes soil alive, thriving with microbiology, and more resilient. By using worm castings, you will increase the soil’s moisture retention, accelerate root development, and feed beneficial organisms in the soil.
Every good gardener or farmer knows that good soil produces the best-tasting and most vigorous plants. Increasing the organic matter and feeding the soil ecology will increase the organisms that store and release the nutrients your garden needs to thrive. Think of it like stocking your garden’s “food pantry.” By producing a garden where microorganisms can thrive, they will, in turn, synthesize nutrients, making them bioavailable to your plants. By using worm castings, you are speeding up the natural cycle of having worm poop in your soil from worms and making soil that has better structure, feel, soil retention, and nutrients.
How do you use garden worm castings?
Worm castings are essentially the manure of worms. It’s worm poop! Because worms eat and digest organic matter in your soil, they are participating in breaking down organic matter into its smallest form. As organic matter becomes smaller and smaller, it releases more nutrients to your plants. Adding worm castings to your soil creates better soil for your plants.
Using garden worm castings is easy! Simply add worm castings to your containers or directly in the garden.
Product Weight: Our garden worm castings are sold in 5lb bags.
Recommended application ratios:
- Mix in 10–20% by volume worm castings to your seed starting mix, potting mix, or planting area
- Apply a 1–2″ layer around planted crops spreading over the root zone—water in.
- When transplanting crops, add half a cup of worm casting to each hole before planting in your transplants.
Benefits of Garden Worm Castings
- Worm castings are odorless, unlike other manures.
- Chemical-free organic amendment
- Worm castings are safe in gardens with small children.
- Worm castings will never burn your plants.
- Worm castings never expire.
- Safe for pollinators
- Improves soil aeration and moisture retention capacity
- Adds enzymes like phosphatase and cellulase
- Increase valuable microbiological activity.
- Increases germination of seeds
- Increases plant hormones like auxin and gibberellic acid
- Can be used on all growing plants
Tools and Merchandise Return Policy
- Tools & Merchandise may be returned to us within 30 days of the original order date.
- To be eligible for a return, the item must be unused, in the same condition that you received it, and in its original packaging.
- Customers are responsible for paying return shipping costs.
- Please include your order number and contact details with your return.
- Once we receive your return, we will inspect it and notify you of your exchange/refund status.
- Exchanges: Customers are responsible for paying return shipping costs. Tools and Merchandise items will be exchanged and returned free of charge. A refund will be applied if the requested item for exchange is not in stock.
- Refunds: We will apply a credit to your original payment method within 14 calendar days.
There are no reviews yet.