Irrigation timers are the most important tool on our farm—next to shade cloth! We use it to water regularly, consistently, and evenly. We save on our water bill, and our plants thrive!
Spend more time doing what you love in the garden with an automated irrigation timer. The Orbit® Programmable 1 Sprinkler Timer is an easy-to-use timer for irrigating your garden. Use it with our drip irrigation kit (sold separately) to ensure your plants receive regular and consistent moisture.
Sprinkler timers work by telling your water valve to open at a specified time, run for a specified time, and then close. This model features one oversized control dial. Use the dial to automatically run your irrigation by setting the clock, adding watering times, and programming how often and for how long the water should run. A rain delay is built into the run program function for water conservation. A manual button allows program interruption of the irrigation timer.
- Brand Name: Orbit®
- Product Type: Sprinkler Timer
- Battery Backup: No
- Color: Green
- Digital Display: Yes
- Drip and Soaker Hose Compatibility: Yes
- Expandable: No
- Number of Programs: 1
- Number of Zones: 1
- Packaging Type: Boxed
- Power Source: Battery Powered. 2 AA alkaline batteries are required.
- Programmable: Yes
- Automatic Rain Delay: Yes
Watering in Zones 9 and 10 can be a challenge, especially in the fall when the weather is mostly hot and dry. When starting your seeds at any time of the year, keep in mind that all seeds require constant moisture to germinate, as explained in our article Successful Seed Germination.
Drip irrigation and irrigation timers are helpful tools for your direct-sown seeds and any plants once they are in the ground.
In the article, How to Keep Soil Moist in Warm Weather, we share our tips for keeping the soil moist even in the warmest temperatures to help your garden thrive all year long.
Essential Garden Tools
Tools and Merchandise Return Policy
- Tools & Merchandise may be returned to us within 30 days of the original order date.
- Returned items must be unused, in the same condition as received, and in their original packaging to be eligible for a return. Apparel must be unworn, unwashed, and unused to qualify for a full refund or exchange.
- Customers are responsible for paying return shipping costs. Please include your order number and contact details with your return.
- Once we receive your return, we will inspect it and notify you of your exchange/refund status.
- Exchanges: Customers are responsible for return shipping costs. Tools and Merchandise, including apparel items, will be exchanged and returned free of charge. A refund will be applied if the requested item for exchange is not in stock.
- Refunds: We will apply a credit to your original payment method within 14 calendar days.