Available on backorder
Our highest quality garden shade cloth is made with secure stitch technology. This stitching allows for the shade cloth to be cut into desired sizes without fraying. This 40% garden shade cloth is made specifically for growing fruits and vegetables. By only blocking out 40% of the UV light, you can protect delicate seedlings, prevent sunscald on vegetable plants, reduce evaporation, and more! Many different shade cloths are sold for garden use, but they block out too much UV light, leaving the plants to struggle and grow slowly. Our custom-designed shade cloth is made to help urban growers and growers in warm climates thrive. On our farm here in Southern California, shade cloth is THE most important tool to keep our farm thriving during hot periods.
As of April 7th, 2021 this product is on backorder and should ship around May 7th.
What makes our shade cloth different than others?
- Secure stitch technology allows pre-cut panels to be cut and used in any shape or size, great for the backyard grower and urban farmer.
- 40% UV blockage is the best for growing vegetables, reducing sunlight transmission while still allowing for rapid plant growth and optimal photosynthesis.
- Light, flexible, and slightly stretchy material allows for the shade cloth to be draped, strung, hung, or tied to posts. The lightweight design also makes storing shade cloth in the off-season easy!
Sold in 6-foot wide 6 x 10-foot long panels.
What can shade cloth be used for? Shade cloth is used in the following ways on our farm:
- Shade and protect delicate seedlings when first transplanted.
- Increase germination rates on direct-sown crops by reducing soil evaporation.
- Protect bell peppers and other crops from sunburn.
- Extend the season for cool-season crops like lettuces and leafy greens.
- Reduce the frequency of irrigation.
- Allow for cool-season crops to be started in a shade house with 40% shade cloth on it during hot, dry California fall weather.
Please note the cost of the shade cloth includes shipping surcharges.
Watch all our videos on shade cloth on our YouTube Channel.