Garden Shade Cloth
Our highest quality garden shade cloth is built extra tough with grommets placed every 6-8″ for easy securing and sewn corners for a finished look. This 40% garden shade cloth is made specifically for growing fruits and vegetables. By only blocking out 40% of the UV light, you can protect delicate seedlings, prevent sunscald on vegetable plants, reduce evaporation, and more! Many different shade cloths are sold for garden use, but they block out too much UV light, leaving the plants to struggle and grow slowly. Our custom-designed shade cloth is made to help urban growers and growers in warm climates thrive. On our farm here in Southern California, shade cloth is THE most important tool to keep our farm thriving during hot periods.
What makes our shade cloth different than others?
- Grommets placed every 6-8″ for easy securing or hanging.
- Extra tough corners are sewn for a finished look.
- 40% UV blockage is the best for growing vegetables, reducing sunlight transmission while still allowing for rapid plant growth and optimal photosynthesis.
- 6×12 foot panels are ideal for raised beds.
- Light, flexible, and slightly stretchy material allows for the shade cloth to be draped, strung, hung, or tied to posts. The lightweight design also makes storing shade cloth in the off-season easy!
Sold in 6-foot wide x 12-foot long panels.
What can shade cloth be used for? Shade cloth is used in the following ways on our farm:
- Shade and protect delicate seedlings when first transplanted.
- Increase germination rates on direct-sown crops by reducing soil evaporation.
- Protect bell peppers and other crops from sunburn.
- Extend the season for cool-season crops like lettuces and leafy greens.
- Reduce the frequency of irrigation.
- Allow for cool-season crops to be started in a shade house with 40% shade cloth on it during hot, dry California fall weather.
Watch all our videos on shade cloth on our YouTube Channel.
Tools and Merchandise return policy:
- Tools & Merchandise may be returned to us within 30 days of the original order date.
- To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused, in the same condition that you received it and in its original packaging. Customers are responsible for paying return shipping costs.
- Please include your order number and contact details with your return.
- Once we receive your return, we will inspect it and notify you of your exchange/refund status.
- Exchanges: Customers are responsible for paying return shipping costs. Tools and Merchandises will be exchanged and returned free of charge. A refund will be applied if the requested item for exchange is not in stock.
- Refunds: We will apply a credit to your original payment method within 14 calendar days.